2012-10-01

This is not a painting


Gracie Kendal is known in Second Life for her 1.000 Avatars project. In RL she is artist too and does beautiful paintings which are partly to seen in SL too. I got one of them and love it. If you zoom up from the starting point, the pattern looks like one of her paintings, but from near...


...it  opens up to 3D. Some textures I recognized as taken from her 2D paintings, with others I am not sure! And by using the animation you can float in  in an ocean of colours, 500m high.

Beautiful and relaxing. Thats is what I got from visitors, I met there.
Ce n'est pas une peinture This is not a painting) is the name of the installation. The paintings went to an immersive installation. See this beautiful machinma taken by Fuschia Nightfire:


Today on Monday, October 1st , Gracie is celebrating her rezday. Come an join her!
Taxi:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA15/65/115/533

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww thank you so much Quan!!! I'm so glad you like the installation!!